A few weeks ago, I had a Brownie Battle in celebration of a friend’s birthday. Out of the three kinds made, the homemade mix with Claudio Corallo chocolate blew the others out of the water. The recipe came from a gift and they are the best brownies I have ever made. They were chewy and fudgy and had a crispy , crunchy top. Yum!!! Enjoy 🙂
Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (I left these out)
1) Heat the oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
2) Melt butter and chocolate in a double-boiler. Remove from heat.
3) Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
4) Blend in flour and salt. Add nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
5) Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out sticky with just a few crumbs clinging to it. Cool completely.
I’ve also made these brownies using Claudio Corallo 75% Chocolate and they came out ah-mazing. So grab your mixing bowl, buy yummy chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates and prepare a batch of chocolate delight today!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
If you like what you just read…then make it easier on yourself and keep up to date by subscribing to the feed of these posts so you can be the first to know what’s up with chocolate. Plus, you’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!