I love pasta almost as much as I love chocolate so putting the two together is heaven! This recipe combines some of my favorite ingredients to make a delight for the senses. It’s easy to make and delicious, too.
Pasta with Sage and Chocolate
Recipe from G.B. Martelli of Venchi
- 1 pound spaghetti or fettuccine
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 4 shallots, finely minced
- 20 fresh sage leaves, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper or crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 to 2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely grated
Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the shallots and sage leaves, for about 8 minutes, until the butter is golden brown.
Toss the pasta with the sage-shallot butter and about 1/4 cup of the pasta’s cooking water. Season with pepper.
Serve topped with the cheese and a generous sprinkling of grated chocolate. Garnish with sage leaves.
This savory dish might look and taste like you spent hours in the kitchen, but only takes minutes to prepare. If you want to omit the cheese, sprinkle flake salt on top instead. Enjoy!
Buy chocolate for this fabulous dish at Drexelius Chocolates. I’d recommend a nice deep dark chocolate like Rogue Rio Caribe that has hints of nuts and coffee or the creamy Nirvana Dark.