The weather is warmer. The sun is shining. The beautiful grass and trees call out, beckoning us to come and kick back in the shade of the trees in the fields. Bands set up and play in the parks. Grab a blanket and pack a picnic. It’s time to relax with friends and family!
Picnics are great because you can focus on portable, healthy options while filling the basket with tasty treats. What to pack in a picnic? Items that are convenient and don’t require refrigeration are perfect for packing. Here are some of my favorites:
- fresh baguette
- yummy cured meats like salami
- delicious crackers
- red and green grapes
- tomato and cucumber salad
- hummus or pesto
- pickles or olives
- cool peanut noodle salad
- cranberry walnut quinoa salad
- beet, orange and walnut salad
- veggies – i.e. carrots, sugar snap peas, and edamame
- chocolate – savor a salty sweet chocolate, spicy chocolate or a nutty bar
- to drink -> craft brews, sparkling drinks, wine, root beer and good old water!
June 18th is International Picnic Day. Check out the great selection at Drexelius Chocolates to get the right chocolate for your picnic. Fill up your basket, grab some friends and enjoy.
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Like what you just read? Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!