August 8th is National Zucchini Day! It is late in summer and your garden is pumping out zucchini. If not your garden, then someone close to you. What to do with all that delicious zucchini? Instead of neighbors hiding when you come down the street out of fear of more zucchini being passed their way, have them rush out the door with excitement. Make incredible cookies with this fabulous recipe!!! No one will guess there are healthy veggies hidden inside and they won’t care because they are going after the chocolate.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Makes about 30-35 cookies.
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded using a grater or food processor
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice) – or substitute brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 t. baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat egg lightly. Mix with butter.
3) Mix in sucanat (brown sugar) and vanilla to combine.
3) In another large mixing bowl mix flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Slowly blend into butter/egg mix making sure not to overbeat.
4) Gently stir in shredded zucchini. Fold in chocolate chunks.
5) Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Flatten with the back of the spoon.
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are just browning. Cookies will continue to bake out of oven so don’t over bake. Cool on rack. Enjoy!
Healthy, decadent and delicious. These yummy chocolate chip zucchini cookies are perfect any time of year, but especially right now when zucchini is in full bloom. Buy some superb chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates now and make the most of your bumper zucchini crop. Happy harvest!
If you like what you just read…then make it easier on yourself by subscribing to the feed of these posts so you can be the first to know what’s up with chocolate. Plus, you’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!