Lydia is a long-time friend of mine who is an amazing cook and likes to make things from scratch. I love that about her. Instead of reaching for ready-to-go stuff in the box/bag/can she looks for a way to make it fresh. Chorizo, for instance. I never even thought about making it homemade, but when we were visiting, she whipped up a batch of delicious chorizo that made our breakfast into a taste sensation.
I got the chorizo recipe from her and found a simple recipe to enjoy it with chocolate. The recipe is similar to Chocolate Bruschetta so you will find the steps familiar. Enjoy!
Chorizo & Chocolate
- Baguette (any sweet, crunchy bread will do)
- Olive oil
- Dark chocolate, broken into chunks
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2) Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick pieces and set on a cookie sheet. Drizzle bread with olive oil.
3) Put 2-3 broken pieces of dark chocolate on top of each bread slice. Place in the oven for about 4 minutes to melt the chocolate. The chocolate will become glossy when it is beginning to melt.
3) While the chocolate is in the oven, cook the chorizo.
4) Remove bread and chocolate from oven. Place warm chorizo on top of the chocolate.
5) Serve immediately. Yum!
You can find chorizo in your grocer’s meat section. Chorizo varies in style. Some are like thick sausage while others are like packed in inedible casings and are more like ground meat. Adjust this recipe to meet your needs, if necessary. Next time, I will serve the bread and chocolate on the side since my chorizo was more like ground meat.
Make a flavor statement with this recipe by using the very best ingredients possible. Drexelius Chocolates carries the world’s finest, all natural chocolate for your recipes or to savor on their own. Order some today!
If you like what you just read…then make it easier on yourself by subscribing to the feed of these posts or sign up for blog updates. You’ll be the first to know what’s up with all things deliciously chocolate. Plus, you’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!