What makes this easy chocolate ice cream? No expensive ice cream maker required. Yay!
From start to finish it took 10 minutes maximum. No heavy equipment. No labor intensive prep work required. Simple. Easy. Delish!
Easy Chocolate Ice Cream
Servings: four to six scoops
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 9 tablespoons coconut milk, whole or low-fat – I used whole fat
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled and in chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark rum – optional
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove (or in the microwave).
2) Put the banana, rum, vanilla, instant coffee and coconut milk in a blender.
3) Add the melted chocolate to the mix and blend thoroughly.
4) Pour into a plastic or metal container, cover and freeze overnight.
Even though the ice cream had to sit for a few minutes before scooping, it was well worth the wait. No ice chunks. Pure flavor. Top your ice cream with some wonderful chocolate nibs, which will give it a great chocolate crunch or sprinkle extra chocolate shavings on it for a special touch. Order all natural chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates today and whip up a batch of easy homemade ice cream and dig in!
If you like what you just read…then make it easier on yourself by subscribing to the feed of these posts or sign up for blog updates. You’ll be the first to know what’s up with all things deliciously chocolate. Plus, you’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!