- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder – I used Scharffen Berger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted room temperature butter, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces 70% (or higher) dark chocolate, chopped – I used Orignal Beans
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) stout beer ROOM TEMPERATURE -> I used Bison Organic Chocolate Stout
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup 50% (or higher) dark chocolate, chopped – I used Valrhona 61%
- 1/8 cup (about) confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)
Note: Use stout at room temperature. Foam should not be included in the measurement. Spoon off the foam or let it rest until the foam subsides.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick foil
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
3) Melt butter and dark chocolate in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4) In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high-speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, blending until combined.
5) Beat flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in the stout beer and vanilla. The batter will seem a bit thin. Drop 50%+ chocolate and diced bacon evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
6) Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
7) Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with a light sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar before serving (optional).
Added bonus -> you won’t taste the beer so make sure to have some on hand to enjoy with the brownies. Need some incredible chocolate to get you on your way to eating these wonderful brownies? Order chocolate now from Drexelius Chocolates.
How yummy! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. You’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!