Ready to become a web-slinger extraordinaire? These O.M.G fantastic chocolate cookies are easy to make and are fun for the whole party. The soft cookies are a rich deep chocolate with a touch of salty goodness topped with an all-too-easy and yummy frosting. After tasting, our 4-year old decorating assistant said, “These are the best cookies EVER!” I’ll take his word for it 🙂
Makes about 50 cookies
8 Tablespoons butter, room temperature (soft to touch)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa powder – I used Scharffen Berger
3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
4 ounces butter, room temperature (soft to touch)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup warm water
Heat oven to 350. Place the racks in the middle. Prepare parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 1) In a medium size bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and cream some more.
2) Stir in the vanilla extract, salt and cocoa powder. Mix until integrated and the batter is smooth and creamy, like thick frosting.
3) Add the whole wheat pastry flour and mix just until no longer dusty looking. A bit crumbly is o.k. Over mixing will give you tough cookies.
4) Gather the dough into a ball and knead it once or twice to bring it together into one nice, smooth mass. Place dough on plastic wrap. Roll dough into a log shape about 2-inches thick. Wrap dough.
5) Place the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill. While the dough chills, prepare the frosting: In a small bowl, mix the butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar to taste. To loosen frosting slowly add warm water to desired consistency. Fini!
6) Remove the dough from the freezer and unwrap. Slice 1/4-inch cookies from the log and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a baking rack before decorating.
Now you have wonderful little chocolate cookies ready for web designing. Use a plastic bag (cut off the corner) or plastic bottle filled with frosting to weave your webs. Everyone can join in the fun 🙂 The frosting will harden on top after about an hour, but will remain soft underneath. Placing a sheet of wax paper between layers is suggested, if you plan on having them around long.
Order chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates and savor the wonderful taste of chocolate year round. Enjoy!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
How delicious! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!