Now that Halloween has passed, I decided to finally do a recipe with the pumpkins. My blog-friend Geni over at SweetandCrumby posts about the wonders of pumpkin quite a bit and even made the statement that pumpkin was the new chocolate. *gasp!* Um, not in my world. Regardless, I love trying new things, which brings us to these incredibly tasty pumpkin muffins with chocolate 🙂
Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate
Yield: 18 medium-sized muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil – I used softened butter…mmmmm, butter!
- 8 oz pumpkin – I used fresh roasted pumpkin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz chopped chocolate – I used Original Beans Cru Virunga
1) Set oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3) Add oil (butter), pumpkin and water. Mix well.
4) Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
5) Fold in the chopped chocolate.
6) Pour into prepared muffin tins about 1/2 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes about 18-20 medium sized muffins, which keep really well in the freezer and the recipe easily doubles if you want to make more for a party or event. More savory than sweet, these pumpkin muffins are ready to go. Super tasty without any topping, frosting or glaze. Is it the chocolate that makes them so delicious? Or the awesome roasted pumpkin? Either way, they make a fabulous pair.
Whip up a batch of these pumpkin muffins for your family and friends. Order chocolate today from Drexelius Chocolates to make your muffins explode with chocolate yumminess.
***Click here to order…Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Chocolate lovers unite! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!