Here is my first repost of my French trip…November is Georgia Pecan Month so lets celebrate with this great no goo pecan pie recipe. Like the goo? This recipe is not for you. It’s goo-free!! I made it for my sister and we basically ate the whole pecan pie ourselves. My boyfriend was lucky to get one tiny piece and he still is asking for another slice. I guess I will make this fantastic pecan pie for Thanksgiving. Maybe I’ll make a few 🙂
The best thing about this recipe, besides the chocolate? There is no corn syrup. Show off to your family and friends with this super easy and incredibly yummy recipe. You won’t have any leftovers!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Delight
Makes 1 9″ pie
- 5 1/2 ounces pecans, lightly chopped
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 cup turbinado brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash baking powder
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks — the chocolate I used
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell, store-bought or homemade
1) Toast pecans in 1T butter. Watch closely so they don’t burn or they’ll be bitter. Set aside -> try not to eat them!
2) Melt remaining 4T butter in a small (cereal-sized) bowl in the microwave. Set aside.
3) Preheat oven to 350°.
4) In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. Beat eggs together with vanilla and melted butter in the small bowl. Mix egg mixture into the sugar mixture and combine thoroughly. Fold in the toasted pecans and chopped chocolate.
5) Pour the mixture carefully into the pie crust and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 60 minutes. Check on the pie during baking and put foil on the crust to prevent burning.
6) Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 30 minutes before slicing. You might want to use an electric knife to prevent crushing while slicing.
This pie comes out looking like a nut-filled cookie pie and tastes like heaven. It’s not too sweet and has a light flaky crust, melted chocolate and pecans everywhere. This chocolate pecan pie tastes great just made or the next day (if it lasts that long). If you make this recipe, please let me know because I’m excited to hear your results. Get this recipe going in the right direction with some delicious all natural, gourmet chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates.
If you like what you just read…then make it easier on yourself by subscribing to the feed of these posts so you can be the first to know what’s up with chocolate. Plus, you’ll be loved forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!