Welcome to my second repost of my France vacation. This time we tie in the baguette, which is seen all over France. There are even bags that hold your daily shopping at the farmer’s market with a special spot just for your baguette. This one is called Sac A Baguette. So cool!
This decadent recipe combines some basic ingredients we know and love and puts them together in one yummy place: salt, bread, olive oil and chocolate. It is a simple recipe that’s fun to prepare.
We are going to brush the bread with olive oil and get it nice and toasty. Then we’ll let the dark chocolate melt into the warm bread, finding its way into the nooks and crannies. Finally we’ll add a few sprinkles of sea salt to balance the flavor and bring out the sweetness of the chocolate. Mmmmmmm…..I’m ready! How about you?
- Baguette, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- dark chocolate, broken into small 1-inch chunks
- olive oil
- sea salt – preferably a flaky type sea salt
1) Heat a pan on a stove top.
2) Brush each piece of your sliced baguette with olive oil and add them to the heated pan.
3) Toast until edges are lightly browned and center is warm and soft. The reason we do this on the stove is we want the bread to be lightly toasted and moist, not crunchy and dry.
4) Remove the bread from the pan when it is done. While the bread is still warm, place a few chocolate chunks onto the bread and smoosh it into the center. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt into the warm, toasted bread. If it needs help melting, put it in the oven for a minute or two.
5) Once melted, sprinkle a few (three or four) flakes of salt on top of the chocolate. Flakes are larger and more flavorful than granules, so adjust according to the salt you are using and personal preference.
This chocolate bruschetta makes a great appetizer or you can serve it as an easy dessert. It goes perfectly with a nice glass of red or port wine. I made this wonderful recipe as a dessert at a recent dinner party and it was loved by all. Order chocolate today from Drexelius Chocolates and enjoy this incredible chocolate bruschetta with your friends and family!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
How delicious! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!