January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day. We’re going to make classic chocolate and peanut butter cups today to celebrate. Yummy!!!! If you can’t eat peanut butter, maybe you can join us by substituting almond butter, hazelnut butter, sunflower butter or cashew butter.
Reese’s are filled with artificial flavors and junky additives. No thank you! Let’s make healthy, all natural treats. Here we go!
What You’ll Need
- natural peanut butter or your favorite alternative (almond, hazelnut, etc)
a cookie sheet
5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
mini cupcake liners
1) Prep the liners: Set out the mini liners on a cookie sheet.
2) Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Go for a very low heat and a very slow melt. Once the chocolate is almost all melted, remove it from the heat.
3) Prepare the chocolate base: Spoon a bit of chocolate into the mini shell to form the bottom and sides. You will see it doesn’t take much for these little beauties. Swirl the liner to spread the chocolate around to the sides. You can also use the back of the spoon or a knife to spread the chocolate around the liner and fill in the sides, too.
4) Set the chocolate: Once the liners are all done, leave them on the counter to set or put them in the fridge for 30 minutes. They are ready for filling when they are solid.
5) Fill the shell: Choose your filling and add it to the middle of the chocolate-shelled liner. The amount you add is actually up to you, but give it a good even ratio of filling to chocolate. Spread the filling out with a spoon so it evens out in the cup.
6) Reheat the chocolate if needed for the topping. Be gentle 🙂
7) Top with a dose of melted chocolate. Make sure to spread it around to all sides and create a seal on top. Allow these delights to set on the counter or in the fridge.
This healthy recipe is fun for all ages so invite your friends and family over for a party and fill to your heart’s content. Remember to use the finest ingredients to get the best results. Check out the great selection of gourmet chocolate at Drexelius Chocolates and make a batch of these mini chocolate treats today!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Lip-smacking good! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!