Ah…Valentine’s Day. Time to spend with our loved ones. Be they human or animal, this day allows us to show our love in many ways. I love to cook, so my man will get a delicious home-cooked meal (and a little something for dessert!)
This recipe is spicy, savory and it includes chocolate. Pork the one you love 🙂
CHOCOLATE SPICED PORK CHOPS
Adapted from Paula Deen
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 1 ½ -inch-thick bone-in pork chops
1) Heat the oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar and all the seasonings. Rub the mixture evenly over pork chops.
3) Add the oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side.
4) Put the skillet in the oven and bake the pork chops until cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
5) Remove the skillet from the oven, transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve.
Served with butternut squash drizzled with chocolate balsamic and fresh green peas, which topped off this tasty and healthy recipe. It is quick to make and looks like you took hours to create. The flavors are wonderful and the cocoa really shines through in this yummy recipe. I was rewarded for my hard work 🙂
Looking for ways to tempt, seduce or impress your Valentine? Check out the great selection of delicious chocolate at Drexelius Chocolates and make every day Valentine’s Day!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
How delicious! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!