Martha Stewart had a recipe for Chocolate-Cherry Clusters in Everyday Food (January/February 2011). It was a quick recipe that doesn’t require a lot of tools or ingredients. I made a few changes and came up with this recipe variation:
Chocolate Crunch Crisps
Yield: Makes about 18
- 3 cups Trader Joe’s Puffins – I used MultiGrain (corn flakes will do)
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s super cranberry/pomegranate blend
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, broken – I used Original Beans Cru Virunga
1. In a large bowl, break Puffins into smallish pieces with your fingers. Add the super berry blend and toss together.
2. Melt 1 cup chocolate in a double-boiler over very low heat. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, stirring until melted. Pour melted chocolate over cereal/berry mixture. Gently fold with a rubber spatula until completely coated.
3. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto two parchment-lined baking sheets and let set in a cool, dry place, 1 hour. (Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.)
The reason I like the Super cranberry/pomegranate blend from Trader Joe’s is that it also includes raspberries, cherries and black currants, which makes for a melody of flavors for your mouth. Feel free to pick the berry that works best for you.
These crisps make a great lunch treat or a pick-me-up snack at work. Share them with friends, family or coworkers and show off your mad culinary skills. Need some delicious chocolate to get you started? Check out the selection at Drexelius Chocolates and find chocolate to suit any mood.
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Another great recipe from Drexelius Chocolates! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!