National Ravioli Day is March 20th. This is simple, savory recipe celebrates this wonderful food with the addition of chocolate. Let’s get cooking!
Ravioli with Toasted Walnut, Cranberry, Pancetta & Chocolate
Yield: serves 2-3
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 package prepared ravioli (spinach, mushroom or cheese all work well)
- 1/4 c. toasted walnuts
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 3 – 4 slices pancetta, sliced in thin strips
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. chives, minced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 oz chocolate, shaved
1) Bring water to boil and prepare the ravioli according to package directions (about 3-5 minutes).
2) While the ravioli are boiling, saute the garlic until fragrant in half of the olive oil and a pinch of salt (about 2 minutes). Toss in the cranberries and pancetta and continue to saute.
3) Drain ravioli. Combine with the cranberries and pancetta. Toss and remove from heat.
4) Add the goat cheese, walnuts and chives. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, salt & and pepper. Toss.
5) Dish out a serving and sprinkle with chocolate shavings, which will melt from the heat. Serve and enjoy!
Look at how beautiful this dish comes out and it takes your taste buds for a ride. It is easy to prepare, but says a gourmet was in the kitchen. I opted for a fresh pancetta ravioli, but will try mushroom next time because it came out a little too salty. For the chocolate to top off the dish, I used Original Beans Cru Virunga. Give yourself or your family a special treat any night of the week with this fabulous ravioli with chocolate meal.
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Yay for chocolate! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!