Baked Pears with Melted Chocolate
Yield : makes 4 servings
Total time: 40 minutes, including prep
- 2 ripe Bosc pears
- 3 T room temp butter, divided
- 4 t pastry flour
- 2T dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces chocolate, melted
1) Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put rack in center of oven.
2) Cut pears in half lengthwise (from top to bottom). Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the core.
3) Melt 1T of butter. Brush cut side of pear with butter and place cut-side up on a glass baking dish.
3) In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon and remaining butter until well combined. Divide between pear halves, filling each of the holes.
4) Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temp to 350 degrees and continue cooking until pears are nice and tender, which will be another 10-15 minutes.
5) Remove from oven. Plate one pear and drizzle/pour chocolate sauce on top. Serve warm. Careful, they are hot!
This recipe gives an elegant finish to a meal without a lot of fuss. You really can make this great recipe anytime and enjoy the wonderful flavors as a meal or snack. In fact, I ate two servings while writing this post! Check out the great selection of chocolate at Drexelius Chocolates and make this recipe shine.
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Another delicious chocolate recipe. Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!