May is National Strawberry Month, which fits in perfectly with Mother’s Day and the start of summer. Enjoy the sweet fruits of summer with this fabulous recipe, which includes a savory chocolate balsamic to drizzle on top.
Roasted Strawberries With Chocolate Balsamic
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Total time: 3 hours, including prep
- 2 baskets strawberries, which is 2 pints or ½ pound whole strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 200°. Add the berries (caps on) to a large colander and rinse with a gentle spray of cool water to clean. Drain and dry with paper towels or a dish towel. Awesome tip: Use a salad spinner to remove excess water.
2. Hull each strawberry with a sharp paring knife. Leave especially small berries whole or cut in half if larger.
3. In a bowl, sprinkle the berries half of the ¼ cup sugar. The berries should look slightly moist. Add more sugar until they take on a shiny appearance.
4. Place the berries in a glass baking dish that is small enough so that the berries fit snugly. Roast for around 2½ hours until the berries shrink considerably and become chewy. Larger berries will take longer to cook.
While the berries cook you can make the chocolate balsamic:
1. Boil the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan until reduced by half.
2. Remove from heat. Swirl in chocolate until melted.
3. Drizzle over roasted strawberries and enjoy!
Strawberry season in some areas can last only a few short weeks so enjoy this wonderful recipe while you can. Order your chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates and get a jump on summer today!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Now we’re ready for summer. Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!