Is Chocolate Good For You?
First we are told not to eat something, then we are told to eat it. Is eating chocolate good for us? Here are a couple of things everyone should know about chocolate…
- Contains fat (gasp!), but it is a good fat (phew!) like the fat in olive oil, which is known to raise good cholesterol, lower bad and prevent plaque from forming in circulatory system. Right on!
- Is high in antioxidants. High quality chocolate contains more antioxidants than red wine or green tea. Dark chocolate has up to twice as many antioxidants as milk chocolate since it has more cocoa solids.
- Is packed with minerals: Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Copper, Potassium, Calcium.
- Is the natural source of theobromine, which lowers blood pressure by stimulating the heart and dilating blood vessels.
- Contains caffeine. The content is minimal, even less than a cup of decaf coffee. The weak stimulant effect of chocolate has been attributed to its combination with theobromine.
- Contains phenylethylamine (PEA). PEA floods the brain during orgasm or when you fall in love.
These are just some of the good things about chocolate. Plus it can also taste wonderful! Of course, the information listed above is directly related to the quality of ingredients. Low quality chocolate will not have as many antioxidants as premium chocolate due to higher quality ingredients, fewer artificial additives and better processing.
Enjoy the very best chocolate available with Drexelius Chocolates. Discover what’s good for you!
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Healthy and delicious. Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!