Pears and chocolate in a muffin? Oh, yeah. When I came across this recipe, I was smitten. I immediately wondered what would happen if a little bit of chocolate was added? The result is a healthy treat that is a pure pleasure.
Pear Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Yield: 24 medium muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 ounces chocolate, chopped
2 large ripe pears, thinly sliced
Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan with baking cups or butter.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, zest, brown sugar, butter, oil, and applesauce until well combined. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix halfway, then add chocolate. Mix a bit more, but do not overmix.
4) Distribute the muffin batter between baking cups, filling about 2/3 full. Place 3 thin slices of pear directly into top of the muffin batter. Sprinkle granulated sugar onto the muffins, if desired.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffin tops are lightly browned and bounce back to the touch. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Beware: these muffins will disappear fast! Get your hands on one before they are all gone. The muffins come out moist and with a perfect balance of flavor that kids and adults both love. Order chocolate from Drexelius Chocolates and pop a batch in the oven for your family today. They’ll thank you for it.
***Free Shipping on orders over $25***
Pears and chocolate = yum!! Be the first to know what’s up with all things chocolate. Follow me @drexchocolates, subscribe to my feed or sign up for chocolate blog updates. ❤ forever. And tell a friend because sharing is caring!